It's that time of year again! SXSW is kicking off this week and, as an Austin native, I'm excited to be in the city again for one of my favorite tech conferences. There's so much going on over the next 10 days but here are a few sessions that I'm looking forward to attending.
- Meet the Dutch Changemakers: Lots of great programming at the New Dutch Wave House throughout the week but I'm particularly excited to hear about innovation in the Netherlands and meet several startups who are in town for the conference.
- Lets Tech the Borders Down: I've followed Joséphine Goube's work at Techfugees for awhile and am looking forward to hearing her take on building a global movement and the importance of migration.
- Mayor Sadiq Khan: I was lucky enough to hear the Mayor speak at an event in New York shortly after he was elected and always look forward to his insights on technology, immigration and building smarter cities.
- GirlCrew Women in Tech: I'll be at the Consulate General of Ireland on Monday to hear from this esteemed panel of women. Enterprise Ireland was an early supporter of my work and I'm looking forward to spending time with them in Austin!
- Advantage Austria: Lots of cool stuff happening at the German Haus, including Austrian Day on March 13th.
- Melinda Gates: I am a huge fan of Melinda Gates and the work the Gates Foundation does, this is sure to be an inspiring conversation about the American workforce.
- IC² Institute and the Austin Technology Incubator: Great list of events for anyone interested in international happenings during SXSW.