A weekly snapshot of entrepreneurial activity around the globe.
- The Plum Guide raises a £5.7M in Series A to expand overseas. The London-based travel tech startup requires homes to pass 150 criteria and I'd love to stay at a property the next time I'm in London.
- Edtech startup Thinkful raised $9.6M to continue expansion across the US. I worked with the Thinkful team at the beginning of 2017 and I'm excited to watch them continue to grow.
- French SaaS startup Sellsy raises €7M to expand internationally. They're considering the UK for their next market.
- Energy startup Hometree raised £2.9M to expand across the smart home space. The London-based company is active in London and Essex and has plans to expand in cities throughout the South East, Southampton and Bristol.
- The Mayor of London released an interesting article about the impact of a hard Brexit and the amount of jobs that could potentially be lost. I was in London working with a client during the referendum vote and have been following the Brexit negotiations very closely ever since.
Until next week...