A weekly snapshot of entrepreneurial activity around the globe.
- Every year First Round surveys hundreds of venture-backed startup founders to gain insight into trends and challenges in trying to build a business now. They've published their State of Startups 2017 report and the results are interesting, have a read here.
- Neil Murray, founder of The Nordic Web, just launched The Nordic Web Ventures which will invest in 10-15 Nordic startups over the next year. I recently met with the Invest Stockholm team and am interested in learning more about the Nordic startup community so will be interested to watch their investments over the next 12 months.
- Edinburgh was ranked the fastest growing tech hub in the UK in 2017 with increased growth in developers and data scientists.
- London Tech Week made several program announcements this week, you can view them on their 2018 landing page. I'm looking forward to attending another LTW in June after participating last year.
- Kajal Sanghrajka, founder of Growth Hub US, shares insights on her time in Helsinki, Tampere and Turku in a new post on Transatlantic Post. I'd love to visit Finland in 2018, especially after reading about her time there.
Before the holidays I'll be busy diving into applications for MassChallenge's first Texas program as I've recently become a judge for the program. I'll also be teaching a workshop in partnership with The Next Web and the Dutch Consulate of the Netherlands in New York. More on that soon!
Until next week…