A weekly snapshot of entrepreneurial activity around the globe.
- Big news out of the UK this week with the Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer announcing an additional £21 million in funding over the next four years. These funds will go towards building a stronger national network, doubling the Tech Nation Visa Scheme, and expanding the Digital Business Academy, among other items.
- Lyft announced its first international market will be Toronto next month. I’m exciting to see how quickly they approach international expansion after this first launch.
- London-based SecondHome is opening another location in Lisbon after the success of their first space.
- Most of the major automotive industry leaders have developed innovation programs or smart city initiatives to keep on trend with the future of transportation. Honda Innovations announced this week that it will be expanding its global open innovation program to Detroit, Japan, China and Europe.
- I’ve recently started diving into entrepreneurial activity in Denmark and as it was recently named one of the easiest countries in the world to start a business I’m eager to hopefully visit in 2018.
Until next week…